Monday, August 23, 2010

SOOO new to this...

So I've never written a blog in my life. Never. Nada. Not once. I've never even wanted to remotely try. I always pinpointed this phenomenon to people who were younger than I who wanted to fill the internet with their voices and opinions - somehow wanting to make a difference, but really are never able to. I mainly avoided because I knew a) if I started one, I would never be able to keep up with it; b) I would start one, keep up with it, and then be addicted so much that I would quit doing what I really should be doing (i.e. practice - like what I should probably be doing now since Fedele's flute recital is tonight); or c) realize that I really don't have the writing talent to do something as remotely benign as this and I should quit doing academia altogether.

So here it is - my first blog - started mainly because my friend Sam moved so far away to Wisconsin and this is a great way to keep in touch with her...keeping up with the Jones' they used to say in a generation far gone.

Right now it'll be mainly about the trials and tribulations of graduate school and trying to balance it with work and life. Some days I think I can do it; other days I don't think I'll ever be finished. And you'll hear about it - well - at least the important stuff anyway. Who knows? This could turn out to be a very therapeutic venture for me - a journal of sorts albeit a very public one. Don't worry - names may or may not be changed to protect the privacy of the innocent and the guilty alike, the stupid as well as to protect my own you-know-what. Any resemblance to a person real or fictional is purely coincidental....I assure you.  ;)

Happy commenting fellow bloggers!

An update soon will follow on the first complete week of school. I think it's going to be a pretty good semester...

1 comment: